I hope this note finds you well and healthy!
In accordance with the Massachusetts Dental Society, CDC and the state guidelines, our office is re-opened. During this time, my dental team and I have implemented several new protocols to keep our patients, families, and team members safe, as well as to abide by the recommendations from the CDC and AmericanDental Association to continue to decrease the spread of COVID-19.
Before you enter the examining room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected. We cover some equipment with protective covers, which are replaced after each patient. Non-disposable items such as the dental instruments are heat sterilized in an autoclave between patients. Our sterilizer is monitored weekly by an outside lab. Disposable dental tools and needles are never reused. Air purifiers with True HEPA filters and UV light will be installed. An extraoral suction device will be used to reduce aerosols in the treatment room. We also will be using a Hypochlorous Acid cool mist fogger to disinfect the office throughout the day.
Infection control precautions also require all dental staff involved in patient care to use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, masks, gowns/lab coats, face shield and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Your well-being is important to us. That's why infection control procedures are in place. Please know that the precautions that we already take every day to prevent the spread of infection in our practice also helps prevent the spread of COVID-19.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE NEW GUIDELINES WE WILL BE IMPLEMENTING IN ORDER TO KEEP US ALL SAFE AND HEALTHY.
• Only the patient will be allowed into the office during treatment, please do not bring any guests. Minor children may have one parent present.
• Before your appointment is confirmed you will be asked a series of questions to screen your health. If you have any of the following you will be asked to reschedule.
• Upon arrival, PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR PARKED CAR and send us a text at 617-244-6066 or call the office at 617-489-1232 to check in. Further instructions will be given to you. Please wear a mask or face covering and keep it on until reaching the treatment room.
• Our waiting room is rearranged to promote social distancing.
• Your temperature will be checked. If you show an elevated temperature of 100.4F or higher, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. Also, our staff will have their temperature checked at the beginning and end of work day.
• Please use the hand sanitizer provided when you enter and exit the office, or you may go to the restroom to wash your hands with soap and water.
• Prior to the procedure, we will ask you to rinse your mouth with an oxidizing rinse to lower any potential viral/bacterial load in your saliva.
• Please be aware we will be keeping the office cooler than usual due to the additional personal protective equipment we will be wearing.
As always, the health, safety and well-being of our patients and our dental team is of paramount concern. We continue to monitor the constant changes and new guidelines or recommendations from the CDC and ADA. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 617-538-8227.
Dr. Paparisto and team.
|Monday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||4:30 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||5:00 PM|